Welcome to The Wellspring, a brand new facility designed and equipped to help local businesses and organisations thrive.
- Located less than 5 minutes’ walk from Watford High Street Station
- Well-equipped auditorium seats up to 160 people
- 4 flexible meeting rooms for up to 40 people
- HD data/video projection (with audio) in every room
- Friendly and dedicated staff
- All room hire goes toward charitable work locally and in third world countries
- Complimentary wired and wireless broadband internet
Watford Community Church is committed to investing in and supporting local people, including local organisations, community groups and businesses. For this purpose we built our new home with multiple uses in mind. As well as providing a wonderful home for a thriving church family, The Wellspring is also an ideal low-cost, town-centre destination for meetings and conferences.
Why 'The Wellspring'?
The building's name is drawn from language in the Bible where Jesus describes a spring of 'living water' rising up within his followers. Even in the most dry and barren landscape, a spring can bring life, fruitfulness and refreshing to many - an oasis - and we like that imagery as it says a lot about who and what each church is meant to be in the community it serves.
For us there is also a strong resonance with the history of the piece of land it stands on - the site was formerly the location of the popular 'Watford Springs' swimming pool and before that the nationally renowned Benskin's Brewery.
What's more, when digging the foundations for The Wellspring a 15-metre deep industrial well was found beneath the building, a pure water source that fed the brewery with a bottomless, fresh supply of the life-giving water.